Anonymous Login Guide
for Shared FoldersAnonymous login allows anybody to access your Shared folder in the MoPho app and on your network without a password. Generally this is not recommended but in certain cases this is desirable.
This guide covers two ways to setup your computer so that MoPho can login without a password.
Everyone Access Guide
This guide covers the new method for password free login to your shared folder. Following the steps below will allow you to send images to your shared folder using the username Everyone without a password.
- 1. Open up Control Panel
- 2. Under Network and Internet click 'Chose homegroup and sharing options'
- 3. Click 'Change advanced sharing settings...'
- 4. Scroll down to the section named 'All Networks'. Click the arrow to open this section.
- 5. Scroll to the section 'Password protected sharing'. Select the option Turn off password protected sharing
- 6. In MoPho, create or edit your Destination profile for this share folder. Use the username 'Everyone' and leave the password blank.
Anonymous Access Guide
This guide covers the old method for a password-free login. This is done by enabling true Anonymous login which doesn't require a username or password. Currently the benefit of this method over the previous guide is that by using this method MoPho will not require a username or password. Be aware that this method requires the program 'Local Policy Editor' which is not available on all versions of windows. Please note that this guide is fairly technical so you may want to have an IT Professional or Network Administrator perform the steps to avoid error.
- 1. Go to the Windows computer that contains the Shared folder you want to allow anonymous access to.
- 2. Open the Control Panel.
- 3. Go to All Control Panel Items --> Administrative Tools
- 4. Open the program called Local Security Policy.
- 5. Click the 'Local Policies' folder on the left side.
- 6. Select 'Security Options' sub-folder.
- 7. Now in the right side you will see a list of times. Scroll through the list to find the policy named 'Network Access: Shares that can be accessed anonymously' and double click.
- 8. This will open up a window. In the open window type in your Shared folder's name in the text area. To add multiple shared folders, press enter to create a new line before typing in the next folder name.
- 9. Press OK.
- 10. Now in the list, locate the policy named 'Network Access: Let Everyone permissions apply to anonymous users' and double click.
- 11. A window will open. In this window select 'Enabled' and click OK.
- 12. Now for the Shared folder(s), change the permissions so that 'Everyone' has 'Read/Write' access to the folder. To learn how to change permissions for a shared folder read the Create a Shared Folder guide.
- 13. In the MoPho app, edit the Destination for the Shared folder. Remove both the Username and Password so that both text fields are empty. Press the 'Share' or 'Back' button to save your changes. Now MoPho will connect annoymously with the Shared Folder.